ANCA Motion are an Australian based manufacturer of highly dynamic sealed actuators.
Designed for the replacement of pneumatics but also other fluid powered actuators, ANCA's LinX® M-Series is designed to provide improved performance at a lower cost when compared to conventional flat linear and rotary motors.
The LinX® linear motor range is available in a variety of different sizes to allow for application-specific solutions.
The motors are fully sealed rated to IP66, ensuring they are perfect for automation, machine tool, and food processing systems. Additional fan kits are available up to IP67.
- The tubular linear motor’s mechanical structure, a sleeve (forcer) and a shaft make the replacement of pneumatic straightforward.
- The servo control technology can achieve a very high energy efficiency level.
- Generally, there is no wear part in a tubular linear motor, as there is no direct contact between the magnets and windings. This makes it easy to achieve the high duty cycle typically required by pneumatics applications.
- With positional feedback and close loop servo control which is only available at high-end pneumatic cylinders, the tubular linear motor can easily achieve positional control at much higher accuracy and repeatability than pneumatic cylinders.
- The servo control technology enables tubular linear motors to achieve a diagnostics level that is difficult for pneumatic cylinders to reach.
Versus Ball Screw
Traditionally, linear motion was achieved using rotary motors and ballscrews. However, there are a lot of problems with ballscrew machines. The LinX® Linear motor is designed to overcome all these problems.
- Direct drive: No backlash and reversal error. Unlike ballscrews which translate rotatory motion to linear motion through the contact between thread and nut, LinX® provides direct-drive motion without any contact between forcer and shaft. Therefore the problems of backlash and reversal error associated with ballscrews are completely eliminated by LinX®.
- No wear - Because there is no direct contact between the moving parts, there is no component wear or the need for lubrication. LinX® system requires very little maintenance.
- No loss of preload - Loss of preload is a unique problem associated with ballscrews. This problem is eliminated in the LinX® system due to its direct-drive nature. The LinX® motor can always track motion commands accurately and repetitively.
- Easier alignment - When installing and aligning a ballscrew on a machine, much tighter tolerances are required over the entire length of the ball screw when compared to the fitment of linear motors. LinX® Linear Motor has 1mm of non-critical air gap between the forcer and shaft which greatly simplifies the installation. “Non-critical” 1mm air gap means that over the entire shaft it is not necessary to keep a 1mm gap so long as there is no touching between the forcer and shaft.
- Higher acceleration and faster speed - Thanks to LinX®’s direct-drive nature and zero friction between the forcer and shaft, the LinX® motor can achieve much higher acceleration and speed than ballscrews.
LinX® linear motors can be used in a variety of automation applications where high-speed and precise linear motion is required.
Back to products
- Machine tools
- Robotics & FA
- Semi & electronics
- Wood processing
- Renewable energy