The UL Recognized Exlar SLG Series gearmotors offer you one of the highest power densities available in motion control. The unique design of these gearmotors is especially valued in applications where weight or space is at a premium.
The Ultimate High Torque Solution
Many applications require high torque and low speed. A gear reducer in the SLG trades top-end speed for an increase in output torque. To further optimize the design, SLG motors can be wound to operate at higher than conventional servo motor speeds. The result is high power density in a compact space.
Optimizing Servo System Performance
Servo systems perform optimally when load inertia is similar to motor inertia. Gear reducers offer the perfect solution. Reflected inertia—the load inertia as seen by the control system—is reduced by the square of the gear ratio. For example, a 5:1 reduction ratio reduces the reflected inertia ratio by 25 times. The result is stable system operation and optimal machine performance.
Back to products
- Flexible design suitable for a wide range of applications
- Superior planetary gearheads offer high torque, low backlash and low maintenance
- Eliminates clamps and pinions, as well as associated complications
- Servo drive compatibility with feedback configurations for most amplifiers
- Sealed anodized aluminium case manufactured to IP65 standard
- Synthetic lubricants with EP additives, and Viton seals and O-rings for long life
- Multiple frame sizes with standard metric mounting dimensions